On Friday, January 25, the day after the Spiritual Life Retreat, secondary students will participate in a "Retreat Response." The schedule will be as follows:
- 9:00 Arrive in the gym (first period teachers will take attendance for their classes)
- 9:00 – 9:45 Breakfast (provided)
- 9:45-10:15 Worship
- 10:15-10:45 Reflection/Response time with cabinmates
- 10:45- 12:00 Pack lunches for Bridge to Home
- 12:00 Student dismissal
Not only will students take part in a time of worship and reflection, but they will also be able to respond to what they learned at the retreat by packing lunches for Bridge to Home in Newhall. These lunches will be distributed to the homeless community in SCV.
The rain over the last couple of weeks has kept the shelter at capacity, and resources and supplies are quickly running low. To help provide for those stopping by and staying overnight, Bridge to Home is welcoming donations from the community.
We would like to involve elementary students in this service project as well, and are asking all elementary classes to bring in lunch supplies for secondary students to pack. Elementary students are encouraged to bring the items listed below to class with them on Friday, January 25. Our goal is to drop off 400 sack lunches on Friday.
- K: Bread and large brown paper bag lunch sacks
- 1: Chips (individual bags) and mayo/mustard packets
- 2: Fruit and veggies (carrots, celery, apples, oranges, grapes)
- 3: Granola bars and water (small bottles)
- 4: Cheese for sandwiches and napkins
- 5: Sandwich size Ziploc bags, and packaged cookies
- 6: Lunch meat
Please note: For secondary students, school will be held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on Friday, January 25th. Elementary families: Please look for more information coming from your child’s teachers.